Sunday, August 31, 2008

I have finally been to the Fair!

Okay, this may be our fourth year in Carbondale, but it's the first time I've managed to get to the DuQuoin State Fair.  We went yesterday with friends and had a lovely time.  The girls got wristbands that allowed them unlimited access to the rides.  We wandered the fair and visited the tents and were given all sorts of goodies.  I ate a piece of taffy that was so sticky it pulled out my crown.  We're talking a good fair experience.

We fell asleep within about ten minutes of arriving home - completely worn out - and slept for almost 14 hours straight.  Did I mention it was a good time at the fair?

When I woke up, though, I felt hungover.  And here I am, hours later, so feeling that way.  Sadly, I had no alcohol last night to account for this condition... 

You don't think the carnies slipped something into the freshly squezzed (sic) lemonade???

No comments: