Friday, July 4, 2008

Sydney Aquarium

While we had a wonderful time yesterday at Taronga Zoo, we also enjoyed the aquarium this afternoon. I can't wait until I can get my own computer online and post some of the photos I've taken thus far.
While at the aquarium, we witnessed a huge stingray - and by huge, I can't even describe it. I never knew they got so big AND the signage informed us that the animals were actually about 25% larger than they appeared. Seeing that stingray made me understand just how Steve Irwin met his untimely demise. That thing was HUGE.
I may just have to wikipedia the thing...

The other thing that stands out in my mind was the Japanese tourist who asked to have his photo taken with Alexandra. I wasn't sure how to respond so I let him take his photo with her - and then wouldn't let Alex out of my sight... or her hand out of my hand.

Other interesting bits about the aquarium? The playful seals were fun - and the sharks were absolutely hypnotizing.
The sharkray was neat too - Have I mentioned how I can't wait to post the photos???

No comments: