Saturday, October 17, 2009

Here Comes Week Eleven in the Trenches...

I have a new religion and it is Zofran! Okay, perhaps not religion, but I really do appreciate it. I have now had four days in a row nausea free - and I'm starting to feel ready for the happiness that has to hit me at some point. Right?
Sadly, the rest of my life still seems to be overshadowing the happy feelings I'm waiting for - Alexandra has been under the weather for the past week and last night spiked a high fever. Her flu test today came back negative, but with such a high rate of false negatives, we're treating it like the flu still. Between what feels like her constant illness and my preoccupation with both finding a job as well as school, half the time, I forget I'm pregnant.

Let me just point out that the last time I did this, I didn't have an Alexandra in my life yet. It seemed like everything revolved around the pregnancy. This time, not so much. I've read repeatedly that this is normal. After all, imagine if she was just a toddler or preschooler and I was running around after her - I'd never remember the little sweetpea growing inside.

So where do we stand today? I'm about to embark on the last week of the first trimester. On Thursday, I get to go spend some quality time with my doctor's office - and this time *gasp* I may even get to meet the doctor himself. I've really liked the nurse and LPN I've met with so far - don't get me wrong - but it'd be nice if when I told people my OB is Dr. Walker, I actually knew who the guy is. :)

I'm hoping Alex will kick this most recent flare up and be back to school on Monday. I'm also hoping my morning sickness and post nasal drip will lighten up soon so I don't have to be on so many pills each day. Finally, as I'm looking at week 11, I'm hoping for an ultrasound at this appointment - and so pictures to follow.

For now, Alexandra and I are drinking lots of liquids (water for her, OJ for me) and resting up over the weekend.

No comments: