Friday, May 8, 2009

An Open Letter to Illinois Plate "GGS 11"

You do realize that it's entirely your fault, right?

If you are in light to moderate traffic and proceed to tailgate in such a manner as the car in front of you can't see anything forward of your steering wheel, that car is going to slow down.  
It's dangerous not to.

What amazes me, I think, is that after you did this to me, used all kinds of obscene hand gestures, and the like and then passed me finally, you continued to do this down the line of traffic.  Each time, you not only frustrated yourself by getting caught behind a driver who slowed down, you made the rest of us behind you more and more upset.  After all, each time this happened, we ALL had to slow down.

FYI, as well.  If the speed limit is 55 and I'm doing 65, passing another car, it IS okay for me to be in the left lane.  Please don't gesture like that at me again.

You didn't even have the excuse of being a student... or a local kid.  
You were an adult - a middle aged man who turned into the McDonald's parking lot.  

Seriously?  
All that for McDonalds?

1 comment: